Insight Creative regularly works with clients on internal communications projects, helping engage staff, drive behaviour and performance, embed change and continuous improvement programmes and align internal and external brands. As a business, we faced the same challenges clients ask for help with. We work hard to engage a diverse group of talented individuals to create an aligned team approach that spans multiple locations and disciplines.
The most recent staff perception survey shows an 88.8 percent engagement rate. Not bad, right?
So how did we do it? By following exactly the same process recommended to clients. Staff engagement isn’t a campaign, but an on-going embedding process achieved over time across multiple channels and touchpoints, one that requires consistent messages and actions that move the team seamlessly through awareness, understanding, acceptance and adoption.
The leadership team led this charge, modelling the sort of culture desired as well as reinforcing it with their teams. Some of the key initiatives from the staff engagement programme (and that they also utilise in client programmes) are:
- Regular communication including monthly staff newsletter and video blog
- Line of sight – the annual strategy day walks the entire team through the vision, purpose, strategy and key plans for the year ahead
- Aligning values to vision and purpose and working hard to continuously embed that into daily vernacular and actions
- Staff benefits/wellbeing programme
- Structured Performance and Development framework providing absolute clarity and measurement, with individual KPIs fully aligned with values and strategies
- Aligned recruitment framework
- Conducive and aligned physical environments
- Fun social activities
Being personally fulfilled at work is one of Insight’s goals. But the engagement programme isn’t only about soft benefits. It’s also helping deliver the hard results shareholders need. A more engaged team manifests itself in greater productivity and a willingness to find and adopt new and better ways to do what we do.
Suddenly that 88.8 percent engagement rate doesn’t seem so unreachable.
To see how Insight Creative’s strategic brand and marketing communications can accelerate your business, visit www.insightcreative.co.nz.
This story originally appeared on Idealog.