The call for entry to the TVNZ-NZ Marketing Awards has opened and the Marketing Association and NZ Marketing/StopPress want marketers of all industries to show their strategy, thinking and results.
Now in their 27th year, the TVNZ-NZ Marketing Awards are a celebration of everything that makes marketing great in New Zealand and beyond. This year’s theme recognises that while we all have the same tools available, it’s the thinking, planning and execution that separates the good from the great.
“So we are calling for the country’s master marketers to show us their strategy and their brilliant results,” says Ben Fahy, editorial director/publisher at Tangible Media.
The 31 Awards made up of 30 categories are split into three divisions: Sector Awards, Excellence Awards and Individual Awards.
The Sector Awards acknowledge marketing initiatives and projects that are clear examples of marketing leadership and success within their relevant sector, while the Excellence Awards recognise excellence in specific disciplines of marketing, regardless of the industry.
Just as the marketing industry keeps evolving, so too do the awards and there are two new categories this year:
- Best In-house Marketing references a major marketing trend and acknowledges the creative, design and innovation being done by clients.
- Best Long-term Agency Partnership acknowledges the important role a solid agency-client relationship plays in marketing success.
And as well as the new categories, three categories in the Excellence Awards have also been renamed and reworked:
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy Award has been renamed to the Best Purpose-Driven Marketing Strategy Award and aims to show how marketing has brought a CSR strategy to life
- The Best Employee Engagement & Development Award has been renamed to the Best Internal Marketing Strategy Award
- The Partnership Award has been renamed and broadened to the Best Collaboration Award and asks for entrants to showcase collaborations with media brands, technology companies or other brands.
Tony Mitchell, chief executive of the Marketing Association, hopes to see some of the newer categories added this year and last year show a stronger entry presence this year like the traditional categories do.
Nominations for inductees into the Marketing Hall of Fame are also sought from the industry and they will join the likes of Peter Cullinane, Geoff Ross, Rob Fyfe, George Hickton, Joan Withers and William Peake.
Once again, TVNZ is Premier sponsor, with Principal sponsors Adshel, Energi, and category sponsors BrandWorld, GrownUps, Mailshop, Nielsen, The Radio Bureau and TRA.
Entries close Friday 18 May 2018 at 5pm. An extended ‘late entries’ deadline of 5pm on Friday 25 May is available (for an additional fee). Submitting an entry is easy via the online entry portal. Visit the Awards website marketingawards.stoppress.co.nz to view the full list of categories and more information on how to enter.
This story originally appeared on StopPress.