The awards are presented by Social Media Club Auckland, which hosts a monthly event aiming to educate both people and businesses about social media.
See the SMCAKL’s summary of what the club is about here.
Last year, the team behind the monthly meet up decided to branch out and create New Zealand’s first social media awards.
The success of the first event inspired them to bring it back this year.
The 2015 awards will be held on Wednesday 15 July from 6pm at the Sweat Shop Brew Bar in Freemans Bay.
It’s free to attend, but you have to register via http://smcakl.com/smcakls.
Here’s the full list of finalists:
Most effective social media campaign:
- Haka Tours Adventure Tour Promo Video Campaign
- Junk Free June
- Spark Automatic Thanks Machines
- Maybelline New York’s ‘Love Your Face’
- Let’s talk about Lightbox
Most effective social media campaign, small budget:
- Live For Tomorrow 10 Day Challenge
- Mitre 10 Facebook Rug Category Sales
- The Paul Henry Launch
- Having a HELLish ANZAC DAY (without saying ‘ANZAC Day’)
- Haka Tours Explainer Video: Facebook Remarketing
- Bell Tea – Anzac Day Tins GWP
Best use of social media in a product launch:
- Charlie’s Straight Up Cola Launch
- Meadow Fresh Like to Boost
- The Social Sampler
- Simple Micellar Water
Most creative use of existing or emerging social platform(s):
- Spark Snapchat Roadie
- ZM’s Jase & PJs 51 Hour Marathon
- Burger Burger Blind Dates
- Coconut Wireless
Community building and management:
Social activity that is designed to build or maintain a branded community that may result in an enhanced brand affinity and/or change in attitudes among targeted audiences.
- Going back to HELL
- Mitre 10 Facebook Community
- Newstalk ZB and Mike Hosking social
- So Social, So Good
- Vodafone Community
Blog of the year:
- The Modern Girl
- Xero blog